From Worst to Best: When I completed my Zelda retrospective, I capped it off with list ranking the series’ installments from worst to best. Any other article that follows a similar format will be linked here.
- A Zelda Retrospective Addendum: The Series Ranked from Worst to Best (9/16/2018)
- The 91st Academy Awards’ “Best Picture” Nominees Ranked from Worst to Best (2/16/2019)
Top 10: These kinds of lists make for a nice change of pace, don’t they? Whenever I feel like making a top ten list, the results will appear here. Unlike in my “From Worst to Best” articles, I will not reveal the scores I award each work.
- Best Films of 2018 (5/11/2019)
100th Review Special: At the end of 2017, I had reviewed 100 games in total. To celebrate, I ranked all 100 games from worst to best. Please note that my opinion of some of these games have changed slightly since I originally posted this special.
- Introduction: The End of 2017
- Part 1: The Worst of the Worst
- Part 2: The Terrible Twos
- Part 3: Thrashing the Threes
- Part 4: March of the Mediocrity
- Part 5: Middle of the Road
- Part 6: Smooth Sailing from Here
- Part 7: Let the Good Times Roll
- Part 8: The Elite Eights
- Part 9: Top of the Ninth
- Part 10: The Best of the Best
- Finale: The Dawn of 2018
150th Review Special: November of 2018 saw me finish my 150th game review. In celebration, I ranked the fifty games I reviewed since my last milestone from worst to best.
- Part 1: Rev on the Red Line
- Part 2: Throwing Caution to the Wind
- Part 3: Green Means Go!
- Finale: March of the Masterpieces
Editorials: These are pretty much what you would expect. Any essay dealing with a complicated subject I find interesting will end up here.
- A Guide to Sacred Cows (11/9/2014)
- Have Games Been Dumbed Down Over the Years? (3/3/2015)
- The Fall of Squaresoft (7/18/2015)
- Start Strong, End Strong (8/14/2015)
- How Ex Machina’s Viral Marketing Campaign Got Film Journalists to Abandon Their Audience (12/11/2018)
- 4 Ways in Which Gamers Are Ahead of the Curve (12/25/2018)
- Aggregated Assault (1/23/2019)
- A Rebuttal to Paul Schrader: Learn to Respect Your Audience (4/13/2019)
A Question for the Readers: Sometimes, I like to ask my readers what of their own experiences on this site. The various questions I’ve proposed along with the answers can be read here.
- Question #1: Living Up to the Hype (2/15/2018)
- Question #2: Don’t Believe the Hype (2/21/2018)
- Question #3: “Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?” (3/6/2018)
- Question #4: Third Time’s the Charm? (3/15/2018)
- Question #5: Abandon Ship! (4/6/2018)
- Question #6: Late to the Party (4/10/2018)
- Question #7: Fashionably Late (5/16/2018)
- Question #8: A True Journey of Discovery (6/14/2018)
- Question #9: Cutting it Close (7/19/2018)
- Question #10: Something Bugging You? (9/28/2018)
- Question #11: “Well, YOU have a gambling problem!” (10/24/2018)
- Question #12: “…and Stay Out!!” (1/10/2019)
Reel Life: Before I began writing fully fledged film reviews, I would write a few paragraphs about them and call it a day. While I stand by most of the opinions I expressed in these segments, I feel it’s for the better that my current reviews are a bit more formal.
- Feature #1: Tully, Chimes at Midnight, The Hidden Fortress, and Vertigo
- Feature #2: Dekalog and Shadow of a Doubt
- Feature #3: Deadpool 2, Woodstock, and The Lady from Shanghai
- Feature #4: Ran, Saving Private Ryan, and It Follows
- Feature #5: Upgrade, Floating Weeds, and You’re Next
- Feature #6: Hereditary, Run Lola Run, American Animals, and Scarface (1932)
- Feature #7: Incredibles 2 and Vengeance is Mine
- Feature #8: Aguirre, the Wrath of God, Rope, and Patton
- Feature #9: Gimme Shelter, Leave No Trace, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Feature #10: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Das Boot, Whitney, and Stand by Me
- Feature #11: Sorry to Bother You, Ikiru, and Yojimbo
- Feature #12: Three Identical Strangers and Eighth Grade
- Feature #13: Mission: Impossible – Fallout, City of God, Blindspotting, and Monty Python’s The Life of Brian
- Feature #14: The Last King of Scotland, Throne of Blood, Blackmail, and The Philadelphia Story
- Feature #15: BlacKkKlansman, Red Cliff, and Breathless
- Feature #16: Crazy Rich Asians, Tokyo Drifter, and The Blues Brothers
- Feature #17: Drunken Angel and Carrie
- Feature #18: Searching, Dragon Inn, Alpha, and An Autumn Afternoon
- Feature #19: Sanjuro and Brazil
- Feature #20: Hero and The Witch
- Feature #21: A Simple Favor, The Bad Sleep Well, and Marketa Lazarová
- Feature #22: Mandy, Persona, and Tokyo Story
- Feature #23: A Star is Born (2018) and Stray Dog
- Feature #24: First Man, The Hate U Give, and Giant
- Feature #25: The Old Man & the Gun, The Cranes Are Flying, and Halloween (1978)
- Feature #26: Halloween (2018), Kwaidan, A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Quick Takes: You could consider these the spiritual successor to my Reel Life segments. If I want to quickly jot down my thoughts on something I’ve seen or am discussing works I don’t want to formally review, I’ll talk about them briefly here.
Miscellaneous posts: Any special post that doesn’t fit in any of the previous categories will end up here.
- Responding to My Mystery Blogger Award Nomination (2/5/2018)
- Responding to My Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination (3/12/2018)
- Gamer Confessions Tag (3/21/2018)
- Responding to My Second Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination (3/28/2018)
- Responding to My Third Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination (4/25/2018)
- Responding to My Real Neat Blogger Award Nomination (6/7/2018)
- Sunshine Blogger Award from the Brink of Gaming (8/23/2018)
- Sunshine Blogger Award from Kelly of Why We Play Games (2/12/2019)