From Worst to Best: When I completed my Zelda retrospective, I capped it off with a list ranking the series’ installments from worst to best. Any other article that follows a similar format will be linked here.
- A Zelda Retrospective Addendum: The Series Ranked from Worst to Best (9/16/2018)
- The 91st Academy Awards’ “Best Picture” Nominees Ranked from Worst to Best (2/16/2019)
- The 92nd Academy Awards’ “Best Picture” Nominees Ranked from Worst to Best (2/9/2020)
- The 93rd Academy Awards’ “Best Picture” Nominees Ranked from Worst to Best (4/25/2021)
Top 10: These kinds of lists make for a nice change of pace, don’t they? Whenever I feel like making a top ten list, the results will appear here. Unlike in my “From Worst to Best” articles, I will not reveal the scores I award each work.
- Best Films of 2018 (5/11/2019)
100th Game Review Special: At the end of 2017, I had reviewed 100 games in total. To celebrate, I ranked all 100 games from worst to best. Please note that my opinion of some of these games have changed slightly since I originally posted this special.
- Introduction: The End of 2017
- Part 1: The Worst of the Worst
- Part 2: The Terrible Twos
- Part 3: Thrashing the Threes
- Part 4: March of the Mediocrity
- Part 5: Middle of the Road
- Part 6: Smooth Sailing from Here
- Part 7: Let the Good Times Roll
- Part 8: The Elite Eights
- Part 9: Top of the Ninth
- Part 10: The Best of the Best
- Finale: The Dawn of 2018
150th Game Review Special: November of 2018 saw me finish my 150th game review. In celebration, I ranked the games I reviewed since my last milestone from worst to best.
- Part 1: Rev on the Red Line
- Part 2: Throwing Caution to the Wind
- Part 3: Green Means Go!
- Finale: March of the Masterpieces
200th Game Review Special: October of 2019 saw me finish my 200th game review. As usual, I celebrated by ranking the games I reviewed from worst to best.
- Part 1: Seeing Red
- Part 2: Full Yellow Jacket
- Part 3: Greenlit for Success
- Finale: Masterpieces on Parade
100th Film Review Special: I also completed my 100th film review in October of 2019. To celebrate, I took a quick look at the best and worst I reviewed by then.
Editorials: These are pretty much what you would expect. Any essay dealing with a complicated subject I find interesting will end up here.
- A Guide to Sacred Cows (11/9/2014)
- Have Games Been Dumbed Down Over the Years? (3/3/2015)
- The Fall of Squaresoft (7/18/2015)
- Start Strong, End Strong (8/14/2015)
- How Ex Machina’s Viral Marketing Campaign Got Film Journalists to Abandon Their Audience (12/11/2018)
- 4 Ways in Which Gamers Are Ahead of the Curve (12/25/2018)
- Aggregated Assault (1/23/2019)
- A Rebuttal to Paul Schrader: Learn to Respect Your Audience (4/13/2019)
- The Blunders of Filip Miucin and Dean Takahashi: Why Critics Should Be Open to Criticism (7/4/2019)
- Impeccable Timing: 5 Classic Films That Contemporary Critics Would Have Hated (9/20/2019)
- A Rebuttal to James Whitbrook: Our Fascination With Canon Is Not Killing the Way We Value Stories (4/22/2020)
- The Writing on the Wall: Why The Last of Us Part II Was a Predictable Disaster (10/21/2020)
A Question for the Readers: Sometimes, I like to ask my readers what of their own experiences on this site. The various questions I’ve proposed along with the answers can be read here.
- Question #1: Living Up to the Hype (2/15/2018)
- Question #2: Don’t Believe the Hype (2/21/2018)
- Question #3: “Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?” (3/6/2018)
- Question #4: Third Time’s the Charm? (3/15/2018)
- Question #5: Abandon Ship! (4/6/2018)
- Question #6: Late to the Party (4/10/2018)
- Question #7: Fashionably Late (5/16/2018)
- Question #8: A True Journey of Discovery (6/14/2018)
- Question #9: Cutting it Close (7/19/2018)
- Question #10: Something Bugging You? (9/28/2018)
- Question #11: “Well, YOU have a gambling problem!” (10/24/2018)
- Question #12: “…and Stay Out!!” (1/10/2019)
- Question #13: Out of Order (2/23/2019)
- Question #14: What’s in a Name? (5/28/2019)
- Question #15: A Quest for Knowledge (6/29/2019)
- Question #16: Save Early, Save Often! (8/10/2019)
- Question #17: No Fair Taking Shortcuts! (9/7/2019)
- Question #18: Phony-ing It In (10/5/2019)
Miscellaneous posts: Any special post that doesn’t fit in any of the previous categories will end up here.
- Responding to My Mystery Blogger Award Nomination (2/5/2018)
- Responding to My Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination (3/12/2018)
- Gamer Confessions Tag (3/21/2018)
- Responding to My Second Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination (3/28/2018)
- Responding to My Third Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination (4/25/2018)
- Responding to My Real Neat Blogger Award Nomination (6/7/2018)
- Sunshine Blogger Award from the Brink of Gaming (8/23/2018)
- Sunshine Blogger Award from Kelly of Why We Play Games (2/12/2019)
- Sunshine Blogger Award from AK of Everything is Bad for You (6/18/2019)
- Another Sunshine Blogger Award from AK of Everything is Bad for You (8/28/2019)
- Real Neat Blogger Award from Frostilyte (8/31/2019)
- Double Tagged! Awards from thedeviot and Pop Culture Literary (9/14/2019)
- Sunshine Blogger Award from Fed of Fed’s Life (9/18/2019)
- Yet Another Sunshine Blogger Award from AK of Everything is Bad for You (9/25/2019)
- Once Again Tagged by AK of Everything is Bad for You (11/27/2019)
- Mystery Blogger Award from Ospreyshire (3/28/2020)
- Blogger Recognition Award from AK of Everything Is Bad for You (4/4/2020)
- Familiar Territory: Tagged by AK of Everything Is Bad for You Once Again (5/16/2021)